Osaka River Cruise
Osaka River Cruise Aqua Liner
Facts & Figures
The Osaka River Cruise is a great way in every season to discover downtown Osaka. Get on board of the Aqua Liner, a futuristic looking tourist boat, and follow the Okawa river through the city from Osaka Castle to Nakanoshima.
Explore Ryokans in Osaka
Ryokans are the perfect way to discover old Japanese culture and traditions. The excursion can be started from 4 piers - Osakajo Pier, Hachikenyahama Pier, Yodoyabashi Pier and OAP Pier.
- Osaka River Cruise:
- Time - every hour from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Time Osakajo Pier - on the hour
- Time Hachikenyahama Pier - on the hour + 10min
- Time Yodoyabashi Pier - on the hour + 20min
- OAP Pier - on the hour + 40min
- Admission Fee 60min Roundtrip - 1700 yen (Adults), 850 yen (Child)
Osaka´s canals and waterways are the foundation of the city's prosperity and economic history from the Edo period to the modern days.
The Osaka River Cruise can be started from 4 piers.
Where to get on board of the Aqua-Liner?
- Osakajo Pier - west of Osaka-jo Koen near JR Loop Line (in front of Osaka-jo Hall)
- Hachikenyahama Pier - near Keihan Temmabashi Station
- Yodoyabashi Pier - near Yodoyabashi St. Keihan Line and Subway Midosuji Line
- OAP Pier - 8min walk southwest from Sakuranomiya St. JR Loop Line
tour through Osaka city - enjoy the view of Osaka Castle, Osaka Castle Park, Nakanoshima, many bridges etc...
Festival & Events (dates can change without notice)
Tenjin Matsuri Festival (24th till 25th)
Osaka’s greatest traditional festival (over 1000 years old) and ranked as one of the top 3 festivals in Japan. Enjoy spectecular processions on land and in the water, great fireworks and a unique atmosphere created by the traditional costumes and music. My must-see recommendation for you.
Osaka lantern festival / Osaka Jo Lanterns (25th and 26th)
Osaka Castle (Osaka-jo) is once a year decorated with thousands of lanterns lit at its doorstep. Buy your own lantern and be part of this great event.
Day trips from Osaka:
My 100 Best Moments in Japan
I am visiting Japan nearly every year since 2004. This is my collection of the 100 best moments in my favourite country. Enjoy the pictures and I hope you will start your own journey soon.