Kobe Port Tower
Kobe Port Tower
Facts & Figures
The 108 m high Kobe Port Tower is part of the Meriken Park along the Kobe waterfront. It is a red painted lattice tower (freestanding framework tower) made out of steel.
Explore Ryokans in Kobe
Ryokans are the perfect way to discover old Japanese culture and traditions. The observation deck at a height of 90.28 m offers a great panoramic view over Kobe and the bay area, Mt. Rokko, Awaji Island and the Senshu region in the distance. The tower became over the years a symbol of the port and Kobe.
- Kobe Port Tower:
- Opening Hours - 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (Dec. to late February, last entry 6:30 pm)
- Opening Hours - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (rest of the year, last entry 8:30 pm)
- Closed - open the whole year
- Admission Fee - Adults: 600 yen, Junior high school students and younger: 300 yen
The opening day of the Kobe Port Tower was on the 21st of November 1963. In the same year the unique structure was awarded with an prize of the Architectural Institute of Japan.
The Kobe Port Tower is located within the Meriken Park and west of the Maritime Museum.
Address: Hatoba-cho 5-5, Chuo-ku, Kobe
How to get to Kobe Port Tower?
- 15min from JR and Hanshin Motomachi Stations or
- 10min from Municipal Subway Kaigan Line Minato-Motomachi Station
5 Top Floors - 2 of them housing a rotating cafe (full circle 20min) and restaurant, 3 are observation decks
Illumination at night - 7000 LED´s create a wonderful atmosphere
Festival & Events (dates can change without notice)
Sunrise on New Year's Day
The tower opens at 6:30 in the morning and you can enjoy a beautiful sunrise on the first day of the new year.
Day trips from Kobe:
My 100 Best Moments in Japan
I am visiting Japan nearly every year since 2004. This is my collection of the 100 best moments in my favourite country. Enjoy the pictures and I hope you will start your own journey soon.